About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Nicoletta Ceccoli, weird and wonderful

Italian illustrator Nicoletta Ceccoli holds a special place in my heart. I own seven books with her illustrations (and hope to buy more) and I often indulge myself with an evening in bed flicking through page after page of her gorgeous art.

Nicoletta uses my favourite medium - acrylics, she also combines acrylics with Photoshop and clay sculptures.

She paints eerie girls with pale skin and huge unsmiling eyes, like these....






.... and she also does incredibly warm and imaginative illustrations for children, like these....











No comments:

Post a Comment