About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Monday 23 April 2012

Ice Cream Seller

Go on, admit it, at some point in your life you wanted to sell ice cream. Just so you could eat as much of it as you wanted. I know I did. When I was about five (and then again last week )

The model for this painting is my lovely son Riley and the inspiration for his outfit came from an episode of Man v. Food. If you don't know it, it's basically about a guy traveling America and eating hideously giant portions of food. In that particular episode he was visiting an old fashioned ice cream parlor and the owners of the parlor had this hilarious middle parted hair and big mustache. As soon as I saw it, I've brushed Riley's hair this way and even though my husband said it bordered on child abuse, he laughed as much as I did.
Anyways, here's Riley selling ice cream (very reluctantly).
Acrylics and color pencils on watercolor paper.
 
Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment