About Me

My Photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Friday, 3 February 2012

Squirrel Girl

My new painting

Acrylics and color pencils on watercolor paper

Peints are available here prints


  1. It's great Irene! Love the contrast in this one too...really really great! :)

  2. Irene, this is fantastic... I have a little squirrel like that in my garden... :)

    1. Thank you, Catherine :) You're lucky, we only have gray squirrels here but I LOVE red ones ;)

  3. gorgeous!!! the fabric looks so real!!! It looks like velvet and lace....