About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Saturday 10 March 2012

A Girl and Her Wolf Pup

There are paintings that are a struggle from start to finish. My paper would bubble up (even though I have stretched it properly!), colors wouldn't mix or blend the way I want and so I would end up repainting some measly spot a hundred times. I don't mind usually as I do tend to learn something from such trouble makers, however I can't say that I particularly enjoy them.
And then there are paintings that are easy. This one was one of those rare gifts. I had a vague image in my mind and I knew I wanted it to be in the style of my Girl and her Peacock but that was about it. I just sat back and watched my hand paint, it was almost as if the picture painted itself. I'm in love.


prints are available here prints

2 comments:

  1. This has such a restful feel to it but without being twee of too flowery. Nice colour choices too.

    ReplyDelete