About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Friday 16 March 2012

Alison Jay

Twice a week I take my son to the children's library where we socialize with Mummies and babies from our area, sing nursery rhymes and read books. Riley loves pottering around big stuffed animals and wooden toys and I always take some time to look through boxes of books. Today I found a gem of a book. The kind I know both Riley and I would enjoy. It's called "If Kisses Were Colors" and it's illustrated by Alison Jay. What a talent! I can't believe I haven't heard of her before. Well, I've ordered the book already and will try to take a few pictures of it when it arrives. Meanwhile, here's a few illustrations by Alison. Aren't they marvelous? 

Available from Amazon









No comments:

Post a Comment