About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Kyoko Okubo paper sculptures

Kyoko Okubo makes these sculptures from Japanese paper washi. Aren't they marvelous?










5 comments:

  1. Hi TinyRed, these are beautiful...clever lady... love the walrus and the girl with the pups...can just imagine a lovely story with them... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I like that walrus sculpture the best too! I wonder how hard it is to make sculptures like these... I'd love to have a go :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'd like to have a go too...should imagine it's not that easy... :)

      Delete
  2. I'm blown away. So gorgeous. I'm such a fan of paper art and blog about it on my paper play blog: Artist in LA LA Land. Thanks for sharing this artist.

    ReplyDelete