About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Ayano Imai

I have been collecting children's books for a few years now and in that time have discovered so many talented illustrators (the list is still growing). If somebody asked me to name my favorite illustrator, I couldn't possibly choose just one. That was until I saw illustrations by Ayano Imai. It was love at first sight and like true love, it doesn't need justification. True, her art is whimsical, quirky, her colors are heavenly... but she also has something extra special, we just clicked.

Have a look at Ayano's illustrations from "Puss in Boots" and "Chester". Need I say more?










5 comments:

  1. She's absolutely fab isn't she? You have such good taste, Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! Again!!! I have decided that this weekend I will open your blog as a reference which books to order and will go straight to Amazon! I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! So magical in the tone and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooh. I'm so happy to find you. Fantastical, fun.

    ReplyDelete