About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Thursday 19 January 2012

A Book From My Childhood

When I was 18 years old my family emigrated from Russia to New Zealand. We could only take a suitcase each and so naturally most of our possessions were left behind. I never regretted it, I try not to get attached to stuff anyway. However, since I've started collecting children's picture books, I've been longing for one particular book I've had. It was a story about a girl who was having a very exciting dream full of adventures, and that dream continued over a few nights. The thing I loved the most about this book was the artwork. I remember being completely mesmerized by the illustrations, they really transported me into the magical world of the story.
I tried looking for this book on Amazon and Ebay but couldn't find it. I have found a few illustrations from the book though, that's some consolation :) Here they are, wonderful illustrations by Alexander Koshkin.












2 comments:

  1. Wow, the illustrations are fantastic. I can't imagine what that must have been like to leave your country with just a suitcase... good luck in your search.... for the book...it will find it's way to you one day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've done that twice! I mean, leaving a country with just one suitcase :) Second time I did it when I moved to London to be with my husband. It's not as difficult as it seems, especially when you have your loved ones with you.

      Delete